After your cruise docked to Kusadasi port, on your meeting time, your guide will be waiting you in the arrival guest terminal with a sign that your booking name indicated. After he/she welcomes you and after getting on your luxury private van, your unforgetable day in Turkey stop starts.
First of all you follow the way to Soke town for your first visit where the Ancient City of Miletos exixts. After 30 minutes driving, the big impressive grand theater of the city welcomes you with all its glory and your magical experience engulfing you through a history starts…
Once the city of famous philosophers in history such as; Thales, Anaximander and Anaximenes, all philosophers of nature and the universe; the historian and geographer Hekataios, who first used the word “history” in its modern sense; and Isidorus, one of the designers of the Hagia Sophia.
Miletus was one of the most important city of Ionia which was located on the coast at the mouth of the River Meander with four harbors. The city has importance for Christianity that St. Paul stopped at Miletus on his Third Missionary Journey, on his way back to Jerusalem.
You are going to see impressive ruins still standing like; the grand theater, the Lion Harbor, a Hellenistic heroon, Baths of Faustina, the Byzantine Church of St. Michael, the agora, Temple of Serapis, The Sacred Way begins at the Harbor Gate and extended to Didyma with 12 miles(20 km) distance and The Delphinion. The inhabitants of Miletus traveled this route each year for a pilgrimage to the Temple of Apollo. Also a very well preserved bath complex called as the Faustina Baths…
After visiting the Bath of Faustina you will follow the way back to the parking area with your guide and take the drive to famous Didyma to see the huge ruins of the Temple of Apollon.
Approximately 20 minutes driving, you start seeing the huge massive columns of this magnicient temple dedicated to the Greek god Apollon who was also the twin brother of Greek goddess Artemis.
Didyma means “twin” and refers to the twins Apollo and Artemis, who were born to Zeus and Leto.
Wait to see this temple with its splendour and wait to learn more from your guide…
After all now its time to see the highlight of the day comes as the Ancient City of Ephesus…You drive like 45 minutes to reach to Selcuk town where the city located.
Ephesus was inhabited from the end of the Bronze Age, but the location of the city was changed owing to the silting up process of the river Cayster and because of various rulers. The ancient city that we visit today is the 3rd location of Ephesus from the 3rd C BC.
As you enter the site with your guide you are going to see lots of impressive monumental structures in this Greko-Roman city such as starting from the Gate of Magnesia ; State Agora, Roman Baths, Basilica, Odeon(Buleterion), Temple of Domitian, Memmius Monument , monumental fountains including the Pollio Fountain, Gate of Heracles, three main collonaded streets of Ephesus including the Street of Curetes, Temple of Hadrian, Latrines(ancient public toilets), Gymnasium and more…
After you finish your visit inside the ancient city of Ephesus, the same way you drive back to Kusadasi where the port is. Ending our services as saying goodbye to our guests with unforgetable memories and with the wishes to welcome them back again…
- Ephesus has approximately 1 mile (1.5 km) walking distance and Terrace Houses(if the visit included) has more than 200 steps. Not recommended for our guests who have physical disabilities.
- During your visits in the historical sites you need to wear comfortable shoes because there going to be cobblestone and slippery surfaces, inclines and sometimes steps.
- During the tours having a hat and putting your sunscreens on highly recommended to avoid the problems in the hot temperatures. Especially inside Ephesus possiblities to find shade is difficult.
- According to your request, we can skip some of the sights from the program.
- Teracce Houses are located inside the ancient city of Ephesus and has an extra enterence fee as a museum. If it is not indicated in your program that you selected and if you desire to visit it, in any of the tours could be added optionally as long as you pay for the enterence fee.
- According to the crowds on the busy days, your experienced tour guide could change the rotation of the places to visit in your program to organise a much easier day for your comfort.
- Local currency is Turkish Liras(TL) but around the places where you visit, generally they do accept euros and dollars.
- 0-6 ages of children are free of charge as long as you bring the copies of their passports to show the officials at the enterances of each site.
- If there is a mosque visit in your program, you should bring a scarf to wear before you enter.
- All the entrance fees to the sites written in the itinerary unless specially indicated.
- Professional English speaking(or other please ask) guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Parking Fees
- Pick up from the port and drop off back in the port again.
- Any drinks
- Tips to the guide and the driver