After your cruise docked to Izmir port, on your meeting time, your guide will be waiting you in the arrival guest terminal with a sign that your booking name indicated. After he/she welcomes you and after getting on your luxury private van, your unforgetable day in Turkey stop starts.
The distance from Izmir to Ephesus is 50 miles (80 km) which takes around an hour drive.
In this tour you are going to explore the Ancient City of Ephesus which is the best preserved ancient city in Turkey so far discovered and the Temple of Artemis which was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Ephesus was inhabited from the end of the Bronze Age, but the location of the city was changed owing to the silting up process of the river Cayster and because of various rulers. The ancient city that we visit today is the 3rd location of Ephesus from the 3rd C BC.
As you enter the site with your guide you are going to see lots of impressive monumental structures in this Greko-Roman city such as starting from the Gate of Magnesia ; Agoras including the Commercial Agora, Roman Baths, Basilica, Odeon(Buleterion), Domitian Square containing more ruins spread around including Nike Relief, Gate of Heracles, Three main collonaded streets of Ephesus including the Harbour street, Trajan Fountain, Temple of Hadrian, Latrines(ancient public toilets), Teracce Houses(from outside), Library of Celsus, Grand Theatre, Gymnasium and more…
After your visit in the ancient city of Ephesus your next stop will be the Temple of Artemis that herself was the protector mother godess of the city and the area of the temple was the 2nd location for Ephesus. Even from the temple itself not much ruins left, this site is something not to miss as being one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. You will also facing an impressive view from the location of the temple with some other impressive historical buildings such as The Isa Bey Mosque, The Basilica of St.John and the Ayasuluk Castle…
Your final destination in the historical part of your tour will be the old Greek Village” Sirince(Şirince)” which means “pretty”. Today the village is a perfect synthesis of Turk-Greek culture. Your guide will take you around the village as following the narrow streets in between the old Greek houses, and then you will be having the chance to enjoy your free time for a while as walking around streets where you see the villagers selling their own handicrafts, needle works all around.
After you finish your visits in your program, the same way you drive back to Izmir where the port is. Ending our services as saying goodbye to our guests with unforgetable memories and with the wishes to welcome them back again…
- Private professional tour guide, Private van with A/C and entrance fees are included.
- Ephesus has approximately 1 mile (1.5 km) walking distance and Terrace Houses(if the visit included) has more than 200 steps. Not recommended for our guests who have physical disabilities.
- During your visits in the historical sites you need to wear comfortable shoes because there going to be cobblestone and slippery surfaces, inclines and sometimes steps.
- During the tours having a hat and putting your sunscreens on highly recommended to avoid the problems in the hot temperatures. Especially inside Ephesus possiblities to find shade is difficult.
- According to your request, we can skip some of the sights from the program.
- Teracce Houses are located inside the ancient city of Ephesus and has an extra enterence fee as a museum. If it is not indicated in your program that you selected and if you desire to visit it, in any of the tours could be added optionally as long as you pay for the enterence fee.
- According to the crowds on the busy days, your experienced tour guide could change the rotation of the places to visit in your program to organise a much easier day for your comfort.
- Local currency is Turkish Liras(TL) but around the places where you visit, generally they do accept euros and dollars.
- 0-6 ages of children are free of charge as long as you bring the copies of their passports to show the officials at the enterances of each site.
- If there is a mosque visit in your program, you should bring a scarf to wear before you enter
- All the entrance fees to the sites written in the itinerary unless specially indicated.
- Professional English speaking(or other please ask) guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Parking Fees
- Pick up from the port and drop off back in the port again.
- Any drinks
- Tips to the guide and the driver