After your cruise docked to Izmir port, on your meeting time, your guide will be waiting you in the arrival guest terminal with a sign that your booking name indicated. After he/she welcomes you and after getting on your luxury private van, your unforgetable day in Turkey stop starts.
The distance from Izmir to Ephesus is 50 miles (80 km) which takes around an hour drive.
In this tour you are going to explore the Ancient City of Ephesus which is the best preserved ancient city in Turkey so far discovered.
Ephesus was inhabited from the end of the Bronze Age, but the location of the city was changed owing to the silting up process of the river Cayster and because of various rulers. The ancient city that we visit today is the 3rd location of Ephesus from the 3rd C BC.
As you enter the site with your guide you are going to see lots of impressive monumental structures in this Greko-Roman city such as starting from the Gate of Magnesia; State Agora, Roman Baths, Basilica, Odeon (Buleterion), Temple of Domitian, Memmius Monument , monumental fountains including the Pollio Fountain, Gate of Heracles, three main collonaded streets of Ephesus including the Street of Curetes, Temple of Hadrian, Latrines(ancient public toilets), Gymnasium, Library of Celsus, Grand Theater and more…
Inside Ephesus during your trip with your guide before you enjoy your time in the famous Library of Celsus, you’re going to be a guest of the wealthy Roman families for a while… Another impressive highlight that located inside the ancient city of Ephesus as the Teracce Houses visit you have.
You are going to be feeling the luxurious lives of the whelthy Roman families who lived in Ephesus.
After you finish your visit inside the ancient city of Ephesus, the same way you drive back to Izmir where the port is. Ending our services as saying goodbye to our guests with unforgetable memories and with the wishes to welcome them back again…
- Private professional tour guide, Private van with A/C and entrance fees are included.
- According to your request, we can skip some of the sights of above program.
- Ephesus has 1 mile (1.5 km) walking distance and Terrace Houses has steps. Not recommended for people with physical disabilities.
- All the entrance fees to the sites written in the itinerary unless specially indicated.
- Professional English speaking (or other please ask) guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Parking Fees
- Pick up from the port and drop off back in the port again.
- Any drinks
- Tips to the guide and the driver